Marilee Marks is the newest agent to join RE/MAX Centex, Realtors in Waco. She submitted the following autobiography.
I wasn’t born in Texas, but got here as soon as I could!
I have always known I wanted to be in the real estate industry. As a child I drew floor plans, built homes out of Lincoln Logs and Legos, and loved nothing better than touring new subdivisions with my mom. Although I really enjoy looking at homes, meeting new people, networking, marketing and many other aspects relating to the real estate industry, the part I love most is sharing Waco’s lifestyle with other people who also love sunshine and living the good life – and helping them make their dream of living here come true.
Before Texas I lived in Seattle, Washington until 2003. I graduated from Midway High School in 2005, and went to Baylor where I double majored in Marketing and Real Estate at Hankamer School of Business. While at Baylor, I was blessed to spend a semester studying abroad in Europe. Although a lot of fun, the experience helped me appreciate what a great country we live in.
In addition to my studies at Baylor, I participated in several extracurricular activities, such as Alpha Kappa Psi (a professional business fraternity). I worked part-time as a merchandise manager at Hallmark Gold Crown, a server at Texas Roadhouse, and a marketing intern at 360Solutions.
After Baylor, I planned to jump straight into real estate but was lured by a Marketing Director position at Front Desk Networks (FDN), a telecommunications company here in Waco. After almost two years, I felt called back to the more exciting life in real estate.
Here are some more details about me:
- Engaged to Kris Kahler, Waco High Head Varsity Boys’ Soccer Coach
- Currently serve as Marketing Chair for the Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce’s Waco Young Professionals organization.
- Volunteer through Waco’s Habitat for the Humanity, The Humane Society, and Susan G. Komen for the Cure groups.
- Attend Harris Creek Baptist Church.
- Earned black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- Breed Dalmatian puppies and will someday try to sell one to you.
- Enjoy the sun, cake decorating, time with family, swimming, being outside and Zumba.
Debbie Scoggins has been gracious to let me shadow her for the past month. I did my due diligence in researching companies and am confident that RE/MAX is the best fit for me. I’m excited to be a part of the RE/MAX team, and look forward to making a difference not only with my clients but also with the Centex RE/MAX community.